Wednesday, June 18, 2014

COMING CLEAN - MY DAILY SKIN CARE ROUTNE


Burt's Bees Brightening Face-Care Line { Daily Facial Cleanser, Refining Tonic, Even-Tone Moisturizing Cream, Eye Treatment & Dark Spot Corrector } 

Good morning, Everyone! How is your day going so far? A few weeks days ago, as I was getting ready for bed and finishing up my nightly beauty regimen, it suddenly dawned on me that I never did a post specifically dedicated to what it is that I do to take care of my skin. So, I decided to "come clean" and take this opportunity to walk you through my daily skin-care routine. Currently, I am using Burt's Bees Brightening line of products. Now, I really like Burt's Bees products in general ( Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream and Lip Shimmer in Watermelon are among my all-time favorites ) but the reason why I love this line is because it's made with natural ingredients, which is really important to me for I believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in it! Additionally, as I have previously mentioned I am not too keen on wearing foundation, so making sure that my skin looks even is really important. And Burt's Bees Brightening line helps to even out my skin tone and get rid of those pesky little dark spots on my nose and cheeks (evidence of my recurring sun-worshiping habits:)

So, without any further ado, here is my morning and evening skin care routine step-by-step.



STEP 1: I begin by washing my face with Burt's Bees Brightening daily facial cleanser to remove make up and oil. I always make sure to wet my face thoroughly before applying the cleanser, then I massage the face gently for about 30 seconds before rinsing. 



STEP 2: Right after cleansing, I apply Burt's Bees Brightening refining tonic with a cotton pad to remove any traces of make up, making sure to use an upward movement to avoid puling the skin down. 




STEP 3: Next, I apply Burt's Bees Brightening even-tone moisturizing cream to hydrate the skin, prevent wrinkles and diminish the appearance of dark spots. Normally, I start by dotting the cream on the center of my nose, chin, forehead and about an inch under the eye area. Then, I gently spread the cream over the entire face, while massaging it in very lightly. 


STEP 4: I apply the Burt's Bees Brightening eye treatment right after the moisturizing cream to brighten the skin around my eyes. I like to place a few small dots around the eye area and then, gently smooth them into the skin. 


STEP 5: I complete my skin-care routine by applying Burt's Bees Brightening dark spot corrector. Since I normally get dark spots on the bridge of my nose and side of the cheeks, I don't usually apply this product over the entire face, but rather use it as a targeted treatment where needed. 






And voila - all done! I repeat the same steps morning and night and the entire process takes me about 3-4 minutes. I started noticing a difference after using these products for about a week, the dark spots on my nose and cheeks started to get lighter and I think by week 2 they were barely noticeable. Aside from that, since I have an oily t-zone, what I really like about them is that they do not clog pores, don't feel heavy on and don't make my face feel or look oily or shiny. 

P.S. If you guys have any questions about the products or application, please shoot me an email, I am happy to answer anytime!:)

This post was brought to you by in collaboration with Burt's Bees and Burst Media, the opinions and texts are all mine. 

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle


52 comments:

Sasa Zoe said...

Babe, your skin looks flawless. Have to try these out:)

www.shallwesasa.com

Paola Brune said...

Seriously, how can you be that beautiful? and great article by the way <3
Hug from France!
Paola from http://french-me.blogspot.fr

Iuliana FS said...

So cute as always, your skin loos amazing!
xoxo
http://fashionablestreets.blogspot.ro/

Jovana Miljanovic said...

I really like this post :)

I am a lifestyle blogger writing about NYC, my other trips and lifestyle inspiration. I just wrote a blog post about my bucket list, if you'd like to find out more, check out my blog :)

http://jovanamiljanovic.com

Dominika Mrázová said...

great post!! :)

www.perlaoreneta.blogspot.com

INSTAGRAM: dominikamr

Viktoria said...

beautiful!

http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de/

Rory said...

Your skin is SO FLAWLESS wow I'm jealous. Love your natural coloring as well. It's nice I'm sure to always be bronzed :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

FASHION ICE said...

I'll have to try Burt's Bees products, your skin is gorgeous!

www.formemag.com
www.fashioniceice.blogspot.com

Valeria Alvarez said...

Taking care of the sking is really important! I lvoe natural products are the best!!

Kisses
Val
www.beautyval13.blogspot.com

Chiara T. said...

your skin is incredibile so i guess these products work!
www.bonjourchiara.com
Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

Dominique Candido said...

thank you for this post! Your skin is amazing so i think it works..

xxxx
www.dominiquecandido.com

Monika Sanguinetti said...

Flawless! Absolutely gorgeous natural beauty :)

Natali said...

Skincare is so important and Burt's Bees have such a great products!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

whenimolder said...

Your skin is so flawless!!

-xx Tay
http://when-im-older.com
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3729106

CIRANUS said...

Que bonito es poder disfrutar de la intimidad, mientras se arregla, de una mujer tan bella...

Nico lowbudget-lowcost said...

So useful, nice post!

Outfits, trends and how to wear on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

Nicola Marleen said...

You look gorgeous!

xx Nicola

www.morning-elegance.com

invisiblefashion said...

AMAZING POST!

Camille said...

You indeed have such a gorgeous skin
xoox
http://fashionbackyard.blogspot.fr/

clothingnew said...

Your skin is so very pretty!!
http://allusoffer.com/

shannette messam said...

I must try this product especi locally the spot corrector www.fashionobsessher.blogspot.com

Mei Fleming said...

You have flawlessly gorgeous skin! I love their lip products and will have to try their skin care now.

http://www.eyelikefashion.com

Elizabeth Hawn said...

lovely top

www.atlantastateofmind.blogspot.com

Yoko Nguyen said...

You have so perfect skin! :¨)

Visit my blog http://fashionaddiction-style.blogspot.com/

Fashion is for idiots [like us] said...

Thanks for sharing your skin care routine in such beautiful pictures with us! Looks like these products are great. Love that they're all natural.

Fashion is for idiots [like us]
Fashion is for idiots [like us]

The Astro said...

perfect flawless skin !! Wow i'm kinda jealous ♥

http://www.the-astro.weebly.com/a-s-t-r-o---s-e-l-f-i-e

E.M said...

Love Burts Bees, even though I would recommend using Kiehl's. This is also made with 100% natural products and I have seen tremendous changes to my skin since I switched over.

Alexandra said...

Love this top! It's like classic preppy jewel collared tops, but sleeker.

-- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

Daniella C said...

beautiful!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

nadathelily said...

First off, your skin is beautiful!

Secondly, I have to disagree with your reviews of Burt's products. I'm someone who is also very interested in "natural" skincare, so I've done a lot of research into natural skincare products. BUT, just because something comes from nature, doesn't mean that it's good for your skin. Let's just take poison ivy as a clear cut example.

Regarding Burt's, they actually use a lot of "natural" ingredients that are irritating to your skin. I would highly recommend reading some of Paula Begoun's work. I've purchased two of her books, but her website is equally valuable.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia/


Here's an excerpt of her review on Burt's. She has positive things to say about the Burt's brand, if you're willing to go look on the site, but here's the negatives.

"Many of the plant extracts and oils used in these products, including orange oil, cinnamon oil, clove oil, lemon oil, eucalyptus oil, pine tar, alcohol, lime oil, and balsam peru, are problematic for skin and present a significant risk of irritation or a sensitizing reaction. Both the intriguing philosophy and inexpensive products are attractive, but it takes more than that to establish reliable products that are good for skin.

We know that most people are attracted by fragrance, and in this regard these products excel. They are also notable for the lack of preservatives, which can be beneficial for those who can’t tolerate preservatives. (That lack may be an issue for product stability, although we did not have these products tested for contamination.) But for any other skin-care need, we suggest you use your wisdom and recognize that while Mother Nature is assuredly wise about the Earth, She does not have everything the skin needs. In fact, Mother Nature offers up many problematic things for skin, including the sun and poison ivy."

People blindly trust the cosmetics industry, so I would be weary about all their claims.

nadaschokolada.blogspot.com

nadathelily said...

One more thing to add :) (I'm very passionate about this stuff) hehe I literally was reading this article the other day, I think it was featured on Yahoo

"You get what you pay for when it comes to skin care products.
This is absolutely not true. “Whether it is bought at your local drug store or the fanciest boutique in town, most active ingredients are similar. Many times you are paying for the package, instead of the what’s inside the cream or moisturizer,” says Dr. Gamoth."

http://beautyhigh.com/skin-care-myths/#ixzz34ODfWdcq

Anonymous said...

Furniture companies have dozens of nail guns in their
wood shops as a result of how great they succeed.

So if still don't know what to do yet, consider a carpentry career.
As a apprentice carpenter, you have the opportunity of four years with developing and construction businesses, subcontractors,
group teaching organizations, self employment or
government departments.

My website ... Fahy Carpentry Services on 192.com

MásQueRopa said...

el esmalte de uñas es precioso!

Sam my said...

Great outfit!!

Sam
http://thecherryblsm.blogspot.de/

Vanessa Basanta said...

very nice post!
Visit my blog: Tu Nuevo Look

C4L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C4L said...

Fawless skin!

www.crazyforluxury.com

Allison Weeks said...

You have perfect skin! I'll have to try these products <3

Sweet Madame Blue

Nikahri said...

You look great!

Fashion latte with vanilla

Melissa Tierney said...

Such Great Photos! So Cute :)
xo,
Melissa
MissyOnMadison.com
Enter My 'Laila Rowe Bling' Giveaway On The Blog --> http://bit.ly/1kdJliZ

Tijana J. Dominguez said...

Beautiful post! Taking care of our skin is a way better option than tons of foundation! ;)

Anonymous said...

Continue reading to learn how you can protect and grow your abundance using
gold. Those states usually provide the highest-quality gold in the best price.
This time, again a boom is lying round the
corner in the silver market.

Also visit my webpage; where to invest ira

Magdalena Sielska said...

Hi, question not about skin care but your outfit :) love your jeans. The colour is amazing. Please write brand and model :) thx

Syed Kazim Ali said...

Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
HotCurrentAffairs

Ana Silva said...

Oh jeezzz.... you are so beautiful!!! <3
http://annluckindarkdays.blogspot.pt/

Sarah Kim said...

Wow thanks for sharing! Need to try this out. Your skin looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

It's very disappointing that you would allow so many people to believe that you aren't airbrushed to the hilt in a skin product promotion. Google unairbrushed photos of her, she doesn't have such "flawless" skin. Airbrush yourself for fashion shots? Fine. But when you're pimping skin care products, it's really deceptive and uncool.

Anonymous said...

Photoshopped and probably not even using these products. Sponsored and well paid. Sad but true. Good commercial though... Still love her style and think she looks gorgeous, photoshop unnecessary for her (look the old posts).

Sponsored by your mother said...

What are you paid for, poster above? being a pointlessly obnoxious a-hole? Or is it a hobby because you have a lousy attitude, oodles of free time and don't know what to do with yourself?

There's ways of giving an opinion and you are definitely doing it the wrong way, especially if you claim to like someone. Really uncool. Sad but true.

Situs Gadget Indonesia said...

Love Burts Bees, even though I would recommend using Kiehl's. This is also made with 100% natural products and I have seen tremendous changes to my skin since I switched over.

Beauty by Soraya said...

Thx for the useful tips- I will def try out before my wedding this year xx soraya
http://www.beautybysoraya.com

La'Breaya Ridley said...

Your skin is always so flawless, and Burt's Bees really does have some amazing products. Great post.

xoxo,
Breaya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...